fiduciary

Author Topic: for sale: Ashoka light saber with Petit Crouton installed SOLD Please lock:)  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
This is one of the beautiful Parks Ashoka Tano based sabers that Scottjua converted a while ago. The blade holder was converted to 7/8" and the sound card is a PC 2.0 (I still don't know how he did that...). I do not know whether it is a 3.7 Volt "hack" of the PC or full 7.4 Volt. There are no external sound holes at this time since the saber is intended to be as similar as can be to the Clone Wars animated series saber (Is still definitely audible w/out holes), but these can be added easily into the pommel. The recharge port is internal and accessed by unscrewing the pommel. The SD card is accessible but may require tweezers for ease of removal. Both the ignition and blaster block tactile switches are on the "circuit board" activation box on the top on the saber. Has been kept out of sunlight (direct and indirect) in a non-smoking house and has not been dueled with during my time owning it. Saber is about 10", quite slender and comfortable in the hand.

The price is $650 using Paypal as services/goods (I will take care of the fees) + shipping. International is possible via Fedex (thanks to Bombarta for telling me this...), but be aware they will charge a "brokers fee" sent to the purchaser. Sorry, no trades. Stand and blade not included. Thanks for looking:)

LED: Tri-Reb G/G/W with White FOC
Sound Card: PC 2.0 (present font unknown)
Power source: Lith-ion with recharge port. Appears to be 7.4 Volt but am not 100% certain
Flaws: very small dimple on metal on left side of activation box, probably during manufacture

Note: if need photos of internal recharge port, please let me know. I don't think I can get a good photo of the SD card since it is pretty far in, but can try.

Important reminder: this is a 7/8" blade emitter. Both LDM and Vader's Vault sell excellent saber blades in this size (there are other makers that are also very good, I just haven't used them myself so I can't speak for them). The blade in the photo is a rather beaten up 7/8" blade from LDM with a "bullet" tip, the "see-through" mirror and the usual gift/saran wrap
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:31:41 PM by Johannes Huber »

Offline Darth_Paul

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: for sale: Ashoka light saber with Petit Crouton installed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
PM sent.

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
If it's PC2.0... it's most likely 7.4V... what have you been charging as?

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Wolfgangpuck

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:16:01 AM »
Interested

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
     Hi Scott! Great to hear from you. Actually, I haven't needed to recharge the Ashoka since it spends most of its time (like all my sabers) as a shelf queen. It really is an amazing piece and if there was any way I could keep it, I'd never let it go.
      I had two people who were interested who PMed me from overseas but I know of no way to legally send a lith-ion battery setup out of CONUS (there must be one but I just spent an hour trying to make sense of all the forms, charges, restrictions and legalese and am more confused than when I started...). My sincere apologies.
      Wolfgangpuck, I will pm you right away.
Again, many thanks to everyone who has taken a look:)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »
     Hi Scott! Great to hear from you. Actually, I haven't needed to recharge the Ashoka since it spends most of its time (like all my sabers) as a shelf queen. It really is an amazing piece and if there was any way I could keep it, I'd never let it go.
      I had two people who were interested who PMed me from overseas but I know of no way to legally send a lith-ion battery setup out of CONUS (there must be one but I just spent an hour trying to make sense of all the forms, charges, restrictions and legalese and am more confused than when I started...). My sincere apologies.
      Wolfgangpuck, I will pm you right away.
Again, many thanks to everyone who has taken a look:)

FedEx ships them just put that it has li-ion battery in the description for the shipping label  :azn:
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
Hi Bombarta!

Always gr4eat to hear from you. Many thanks about letting me know Fedex would ship. The only possible issue I found is that they charge a 15-20% brokers fee in addition to any customs, VAT etc.
     If a purchaser is willing to deal with Fedex sending them a bill (they collect the fee, not me) based on the value of the saber ((please do not ask that I mistate  any info on customs forms) and if Fedex is able to ship to that country then I can go outside CONUS. One thing: I've noted in looking it up, international Fedex is very expensive compared to USPS, so that should be kept in mind. I will modify the first entry. Again, many thanks Bombarta!

Knight50

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 01:10:55 PM »
Something like this will probably cost a bit to send overseas. Then there's the deal with the lith-ion batteries. Shame you have to sell
this, its a wonderful piece.

Offline Boggieeiggob

• Force User
  • Kao Cen Darach <3
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »
Nice sabre! shame you have to sell it :(

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »

Yeah, not a piece I really want to let go. Still wish I knew how Scott stuffed two lith-ion batteries and a PC in there on this one... I figure since I've had 3 people from overseas ask about the saber and since Bombarta gave me the info on Fedex allowing lith-ions, then as long as they are willing to pay all the fees, VAT, high shipping cost and all the other charges, it's ok. I just wish I could get an exact pricing for them ahead of time so they aren't surprised by all the tacked on charges for customs, VAT, Fedex shipping (and broker's fee) and the rest that seem to be different for each country. When I got my Orgus din from Force Relics, Fedex hit me with a $180 brokers fee and I almost fell over (note: this is not a complaint on any level about Force Relics. They did everything right and the saber was beautiful). What I should really do if I have to sell any more sabers is first ask one of the sabersmiths here who sells a lot to overseas and see how they manage it because I really hate not being able to sell the saber to some one who will really value it for the piece of art it is just because they're outside CONUS.

Offline EV-9D9

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »
The description and picture of the nick on the control box looks identical to an ahsoka Saber that scottjua upgraded for me to a cf6 that i sold long ago. Is it actually a pc2?
-Graflex V Replica - BB W-FoC - by Master Yoda - CF5
-Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH - BRG - Romans Parts Screen Accurate - by scottjua - CF7+CeX
-Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM - BB BB-FoC - OM Screen Accurate - CF5
-Stormtrooper - RGBW - JQSabers - Upgraded by Lord Bane - CF6+CeX
-Ventress (Force Witch) - RGB - Solo's Hold - CF7+CeX

Offline Bender1987

• Padawan Learner
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 07:35:29 AM »
Man the temptation is real on this one!
I am not here to find out what i can't do!

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
Ev-9d9: yeah, the dimple is very subtle and I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't handled the saber a fair amount in giving it a final once over before putting it up. I suspect it may be a leftover of the machining process since it doesn't quite "feel" like a human error issue. Also, yep, it is a PC. How Scott did it, I have no clue, but he did. One of the most amazing cram-fu jobs I've ever seen, especially since all the needed areas such as the recharge port and SD card are  still very accessible. I've seen one other with a CS or NB in it that Scott built and it was also an amazing piece. These are definitely fun sabers to own after Scott works his magic on them.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 12:14:20 AM »
xxx, if I didnt just dump $600+ @ the dentist for an extraction, I'd totally jump on this :cry:

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 10:12:33 AM »
Ow! That really hurts. My sincere sympathies and best wishes on getting better.

retrousse