fiduciary

Author Topic: New Reproduction Graflex Hilts  (Read 60495 times)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: New Reproduction Graflex Hilts
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2016, 03:29:48 AM »
As far as i am aware they are going to be production sabers  sold as emptys via their website. They will also offer completed sabers fully installed via their web site and on here. They will continue producing them as long as there is demand for them.

Darren will confirm or deny this if he has a spare minute! They are rushed off their feet with the massive demand in sabers as are all saber smiths.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2016, 11:40:20 PM »
Thank you for the reply!  I think when you mentioned not knowing the size, you were referring to my question about 316 stainless steel.

316 refers to a chemical composition.  There's a good write up on different stainless steels here... http://www.onlinemetals.com/productguides/stainlessguide.cfm  304 is decent, but 316 laughs at corrosion.  440 is what cheap pocket knives and old Rambo / survival compass knives are made out of.

I was just hoping you knew which chemical composition of Stainless Steel you were making your reproductions with.  Specifically, I was hoping it was 316 so that I never had to worry about getting all sweaty-palmed-fan-boy with it, setting it down without drying it off, and coming back a day later to find it was beginning to rust.  It just doesn't sound as fun imagining having to have to handle it with white cotton gloves on is all. ;)  Not that I handle my original Graflex that way, but I do wipe it down and occasionally clean it with "Honda Spray" to aid in corrosion prevention.  Recently had the kitchen remodeled and the new "stainless steel" sink... not so stainless.  43 year old sink that used to be in the kitchen... wish I had it back.  Not a spot on it, one little dent, but no spots (rust or otherwise).  Never let anyone install a Lovello brand sink in your house, they're garbage!  316 is what I built my exhaust out of for my R6 and I think it's the cat's @$$!

I'm glad to hear how you are furthering the refining of your reproductions and I look forward to seeing the retooling of the bulb holder bunny-ears!

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2016, 03:13:24 AM »

Offline Martin Sabers

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2016, 04:24:34 AM »
Just did, who is next  :wink:

Offline 04eblue

• Force User
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Icesaber

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Icesaber

Anytime. Were all a part of the force ;)

Offline Obi-wan Shaughnobi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
Listed for auction at
Graflex 3 Cell Lightsaber Hilt Reproduction | eBay

I just noticed that you're selling another one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111893879739

Maybe someone here wants it? gogo bid :)

WOW!!! The latest one sold for over $900 USD.  Hopefully JQ you will stick by your original pricing on these
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:36:08 PM by Obi-wan Shaughnobi »

Offline sosolidjedi

• No Force
  • A Jedi Knight like my Father before me.
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »
JQ i am very much interested, count me in for a couple of Stainless Steel Repro's when the Final production run kicks into gear, already have one of your pre-production ones and was very impressed with it.

Is there any ETA of when the Finalised Build ones will go into production yet? What kinda time are you looking to get production running JQ? Im eager to purchase! Would April be too early?

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:30 PM »
Definitely interested in future runs or current if buyers back out. Do you know when release dates might be happening. Busy busy I bet.

Offline MaffiSkywalker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »
How is the project going? Still no eta?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:39:14 PM by MaffiSkywalker »

Offline 380zeaiclies

• No Force
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2016, 11:37:04 PM »
OK it is now March.

When might this go in to full production, as I did not make the list but definitely want one in the TFA style.

:huh: :grin:

Offline JQsabers

• Makers of Heroes....
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • jqsabers
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2016, 09:12:46 AM »
Production is underway :azn:

We have added a few extras to finish off these hilts, they will now come with an additional lower red button thumbscrew and I am just about to pay for an order of Slothfurnace clamp cards. These will be both TFA and ESB so the hilt will be interchangeable between TFA and ESB.
The costs on production has risen, unfortunately we have to pass this on so these extras should ease any pain.
Price isn't confirmed yet.
We can include the printed boxes either, too much cost.
Also, we have decided the hilts will be shipped as kits not assembled, no point spending hours building them up just to be taken apart again.

More details as and when I get them

For now though, this is the last of the Prototype hilts, all build and ready to go.
Got to put it on the Ebay, turns out ordering 250 hilts is a little expensive :cry:

Offline msasin

• No Force
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2016, 09:29:15 AM »
These are looking great JQ. Looking forward to getting in on the first production run :)

Offline braveheart9805

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2016, 04:39:02 AM »
Same here!

Offline 380zeaiclies

• No Force
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »
 :grin: :huh:

If it comes with the crystal chamber and all, minus say sound card and l.e.d. then I do not mind building it as a kit. Or if it comes with everything, and I have to build it, no worries there either.

Or if it is just the hilt, then can we also buy the chassis kit too?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:25:19 PM by 380zeaiclies »

retrousse