fiduciary

Author Topic: Retaining price info when editing sold listings  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
Retaining price info when editing sold listings
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:09:02 AM »
Hi. I don't know what other folks' thoughts are, just something I've thought so sharing.

When items are sold through the Trade Federation, I'm often curious what they were listed/sold for if I've not read the original listing. If it were agreeable to most, my thought is to include in guidance/rules to keep the text of the original listing price - can be struck out or whatever - along with 'SOLD', rather than this being deleted and replaced with 'SOLD'.

I think this would be very helpful for buyers and sellers, especially for new or occasional visitors to the site, who want to get an idea of how much similar past items have sold for.

I'm curious how other people feel about this and their perceived pros and cons. Thanks.

Offline Wickedreamz

• Experienced Force User
Re: Retaining price info when editing sold listings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:46:07 AM »
In my opinion, I think this is a great idea. Buyers can compare and sellers can see what there items are worth and price them accordingly. I think it gives a buyer peace of mind knowing they are getting a good deal at a fair price. I see it all the time on other sites where there are 2 identical items for sale but with prices that are way off from each other or close to retail.

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:50:08 AM »
I think this is a really good idea, but it might be hard to enforce as a rule.
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline Wickedreamz

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:07 AM »
Maybe an option instead of a rule? I don't think it would be a big deal showing what a person sold there stuff for. The peace of mind you get, knowing you didn't get burned on a purchase would make any buying experience a good one.

Offline WookieeGunner

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 07:03:28 AM »
My concern is when there is more to the "price" than just the price and will it cause a witch hunt mentality if you leave it off.  For example, what if the asking price is $250 and a smith offers $100 and $200 worth of their services.  Does this now mean people will tell the smith that they will only get paid 75% of their asking price? 

I've seen worse things happen over stuff like this.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:26:41 AM »
My concern is when there is more to the "price" than just the price and will it cause a witch hunt mentality if you leave it off.  For example, what if the asking price is $250 and a smith offers $100 and $200 worth of their services.  Does this now mean people will tell the smith that they will only get paid 75% of their asking price? 

I've seen worse things happen over stuff like this.

I'm not sure that'd happen very frequently - but I can see where it'd be a problem.

This would probably apply better to custom saber sales, just the whole package.  I've had it happen a few times where I wish I could see the price of a saber, so I can say, "Ok, so that's what a Sidious saber is going for now." 

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »
Thanks for thoughts and feedback  :D

I agree may be more apt as guidance/'good practice' (if that was a broad preference of people who use and manage the forum) rather than a hard and fast rule.

I wasn't suggesting that sellers need to divulge the details of final selling price and if this includes trades or services as would relate to the point of concern - I think that's between buyer and seller, unless they choose to share it publicly - but just having the posted asking price retained along with 'SOLD' wouldn't create an issue there as far as I can see (and if I understood the point correctly) and could be helpful for the reasons given IMO.

retrousse