fiduciary

Author Topic: NEW 2016 korbanth run - MPP 2.0 and DV6 - Now LIVE Feb 17  (Read 56456 times)

Offline Kappy79

• Force User
  • "...." - Luke Skywalker ,TFA
Re: NEW 2016 korbanth run - MPP 2.0 and DV6 - Now LIVE Feb 17
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2016, 05:06:55 PM »
I'm struggling to see the difference between the DV6 and MPP. Can anybody help?
Are they both able to fully support electronics?

Yeah I don't see the difference either

both can support electronics. the difference is in the designs, which are actually not that similair. the MPP was used by vader in ep 4 and 5, while DV6 was a new prop style used for ROTJ

More specifically, the emitter on the DV6 more closely resembles a Graflex, and has a smooth rounded slope. Where as the MPP is based on the MPP/Heiland flash tube they used for the Vader saber which has a cut off angled look. The largest differences are at the emitter.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2016, 06:32:28 AM »
The MPP looks longer than the DV6 and also has the big black emitter end on it. The clamp is also quite different.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »
MPP also underwent minor changes for ESB, including wires in the "E" slots and longer grips than in ANH. Then there's also the really nice MPP "inspired" Vader ROTS, but that one is besides the point.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:54 PM »
UPDATE - still looking at October for the DV6 and MPP 2.0 being ready - enjoy some new images while you wait

Offline gschram92

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
Hey, I'm just about to order one or two sabers, is there any new word on the David Prowse signature? And if so, how exactly would that work.
I'm willing to shell out some bucks that I shouldn't if something as cool as this happens!

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
As the MPP 2.0 and DV6 prototype work is completing here very soon, I know this units will be worth the wait. China has upped the number being made, so that both myself, The Custom Saber Shop and Parks can carry these models and be ready for the demand that will hit later in the year...but all those who've preordered will get theirs in hand first before any are made available to new buyers...so I can hardly contain my excitement, these will be worth the wait much like the Graflex 2.0 was...

I met with David Prowse and he was excited to endorse the MPP 2.0 and DV6 saber, and was on board to sign 1000 plaques, but I fear his health is in extreme decline, and I am not sure I can make this happen...but I will continue to try, and considering his decision to not travel over to the USA anymore after this year is over, it might be harder...  I would love to have a signed plaque by this great actor, but it might be harder to get done..we'll see

Offline Wolf69

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »
Great! I'm thrilled to finally see some really pics soon!

Offline KingsKnight

• No Force
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2016, 09:50:07 AM »
Thanks for arranging this korbanth. Just sent payment for one MPP 2.0.

Will the hilts have the stamped letters on them near the holes (The E, B, and S)?

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »
That is my hope...they are to be just like an Micro Precision Product vintage flashtube...

stay tuned for more information soon...when I know it, you all will

Offline meb15301

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »
When will you be starting to collect the money for shipping  from the people who pre-ordered

Offline Sithilis

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2016, 11:26:56 PM »
When will you be starting to collect the money for shipping  from the people who pre-ordered

I'd wager it will be when they are ready to ship

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »
yes. once they are shipping from china, I will know....once I know they are on the way, or maybe a week before, I'll ask for postage, so that once they arrive, everyone's postage is out of the way..

I will be sending everyone who has paid for either the MPP 2.0 or DV6, an email tonight with updated status.  If your on the paid list, then you'll get the notice, and then 3-4 days later I'll repost it here.  The reason for this is those who've invested their money needs to get the updates direct from me, and not read it second hand coming from another user...so if your on the list, you'll get notified on the update.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2016, 06:32:31 AM »
Approximately how long after pre-orders are sent out will TCSS receive their bunch? I ordered mine there when they posted a month or so ago .

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2016, 01:13:13 PM »
The update is this -

Since both myself and The Custom Saber shop went in together to buy these units in bulk, it is taking China a little longer to finish their "tooling" of the product, so instead of the original Aug/Sept dates, were dealing with Oct/Nov for the OWK and K4 units to get sent, and Nov/Dec for the MPP 2.0 and DV6 - but we have some pretty stiff guarantees and promises by China that by first week or December or so, ALL the sabers (OWK, K4, MPP, DV6 and DM1) will have been mailed....

doesn't mean they all mail in DECEMBER, but means what I've ordered will all have shipped by then, they've given us some pretty good assurances. we have the prototypes of K4, and OWK in hand, and will have images soon...and week or two later Prototypes of the others...so things are going to move into high gear on these projects...so when dealing with overseas manufacturing people, you don't always get things on time, but delays are common, and just like last year with Crossguards and Graflex 2.0 coming in right before The Force Awakens movie, sometimes better late than never...although my goal was to have them here way before December, it just isn't going to happen...but for those who understand this kind of business having delays, a few months off my original target is actually not too bad.

so thanks for being patient, and once I get images of prototypes, I'll post, and once these come in, you'll get an email from me asking for those who owe postage to take care of that....

once the orders come in and are filled, I will focus on 2017 saber run - until then, maintain the patience of a jedi and wait for these cool items, I have never let you down in the past and wont start now.

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:33 AM »
photos are starting to come in on product being machined...nothing really all that exciting, but once you start to see it begin to flow, it is usually not to far behind to where the parts are all done, and being assembled...so I've been promised that all product will be mailed from China to me in the next 6 weeks, so were getting close... sometimes projects are not on time, as my orders are not high on their list, they make them when they can.  How could my orders not be important to them?  because they have customers purchasing product worth 5-10x more value than me..its business, but things are moving along, and I think from what I've seen in the past, the patience will pay off.

I will be away over the next week on vacation with family, but when I come back, I should have some good images to post, so keep the faith.

retrousse