fiduciary

Author Topic: Removing replica graflex bottom plate  (Read 920 times)

Offline shiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Removing replica graflex bottom plate
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:49:54 AM »
I would like to know if a big push at the bottom plate can remove the graflex stamped plate from the bottom tube? I have a Park Graflex v1 and I would like to replace it with a custom plate with sound vent. Also any suggestion where I can get a custom plate made? I have searched but maybe not using the correct keywords. So pls pardon me if the question had been answered somewhere.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: Removing replica graflex bottom plate
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »
I've done it, but I also bent the buttcap and edge holding it in.  You might be able to salvage the cap (plate), but you probably won't be able to restore the edge to it's original look; it's just thin brass bent over to hold the cap in place. 

If it were me doing this, I would knock the cap out, clean up the edge as best I could and have Strydur turn down an MPS#1 to fit the ID of the graflex tube (1.39"ish).  Then it's possible to use any MPI, and there's a 1.25" ID at the pommel for a chassis or speaker can.

Offline shiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Removing replica graflex bottom plate
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
If removing the end cap will damage the edge, I think I will simply drilled sound vents on the cap or cover the end cap with a plate like EP7.

Thanks  :azn:

retrousse