fiduciary

Author Topic: TCSS Graflex 2.0 1" Blade Holder Aux Switch Install???  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
TCSS Graflex 2.0 1" Blade Holder Aux Switch Install???
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:13:13 PM »
Greetings,

Has anyone installed TCSS Graflex 2.0 1" Blade holder?  I think that it is the same as the one from Vader's Vault.  I'm struggling with the "tab" that holds the small, domed, tactile switch.  The switch does not seem to fit into the tab.  I've tried to sand two switches down, but they keep breaking!

Also, if you all have any install tips or pictures for installing the switch/tab assembly, I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Offline SladeX

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: TCSS Graflex 2.0 1" Blade Holder Aux Switch Install???
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
I found this to be a tricky install. To align it before pressing I used my finger pushing on it while from the button side to push on the edges around the dome until it was lined up. This required the use of a small pick or screwdriver to be able to push on the edge around the dome. When it is lined up perfectly, finger force will will let it go in just a small amount to stay in. It won't be completely in but enough to do setup the 2nd part. I put some tape on the back of the tactile switch and used an object that could fit in the hole to press on it while leveraging it against the switch body edge. You want this object just hard enough to push on the back, but be able to distribute your clamping force to the whole back of the switch. A q-tip head worked out ok for me. On the outside I pressed on the tab part with a flat screwdriver to ensure it would not pop out while from the inside I used another screwdriver to push on the q-tip head using the outside frame as a leverage point. It takes a bit of dexterity to pull it off and is easier to do if the blade clamp has been disassembled first.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:48:41 PM by SladeX »

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
Re: TCSS Graflex 2.0 1" Blade Holder Aux Switch Install???
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:10:01 PM »
I found this to be a tricky install. To align it before pressing I used my finger pushing on it while from the button side to push on the edges around the dome until it was lined up. This required the use of a small pick or screwdriver to be able to push on the edge around the dome. When it is lined up perfectly, finger force will will let it go in just a small amount to stay in. It won't be completely in but enough to do setup the 2nd part. I put some tape on the back of the tactile switch and used an object that could fit in the hole to press on it while leveraging it against the switch body edge. You want this object just hard enough to push on the back, but be able to distribute your clamping force to the whole back of the switch. A q-tip head worked out ok for me. On the outside I pressed on the tab part with a flat screwdriver to ensure it would not pop out while from the inside I used another screwdriver to push on the q-tip head using the outside frame as a leverage point. It takes a bit of dexterity to pull it off and is easier to do if the blade clamp has been disassembled first.

Thank you!!!  I got it!!!!!

retrousse